The goliath crane move on rails supported on floor level instead of rails placed at elevated level as in case of EOT Cranes. This eliminates the need for workshop building and hence reduction in capital cost. Goliath crane find major application in outdoors. However, the goliath cranes can also be installed inside a closed building.
Special protection is provided for outdoor duty cranes depending on application and agreement with buyer. These special features may include – corrosion allowance in design of main load bearing structural members, drilled holes on walkway to avoid accumulation of rain water, localized full cover for trolley, covers for Long travel motor/ brake, additional parking brake for Long travel motion, special paint etc
Outdoor duty goliath cranes are also checked for stability under storm condition. Special storm anchors are provided to prevent toppling of crane under storm condition.
Range of Specifications:
1. Safe Working Load: 1 ton to 40 ton
2. Span: 20 mtrs
3. Height of Lift: As per customer specifications
4. Class of Duty / Standards: M5 to M8 as per IS 3177 / IS 807
5. Speeds: As per clients’ specification / application.
6. Crane Control: From floor through Pendant Push Buttons, Optionally through Radio Remote Control / cabin with master control
7. Drive System: Twin Drive through Squirrel Cage Induction Geared Motors with built-in fail safe brakes
8. Motors: Squirrel Cage Induction Crane duty motors, IP 55 enclosure, S4 duty, 40% CDF
9. Brakes: ACEM / DCEM disc type brakes, optionally Shoe type brakes for hoist & LT motion
10. Power Supply System: To Hoist and Cross Travel through C-Rail Cable system / Cable Drag Chain To Crane through Shrouded Bus Bars / Trailing Cable / MS Angle Iron Conductors / Bare Copper Conductors (depending on customer’s choice and application)